Things of Interest

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Muntari: Manchester United Are Scared Of Inter

Inter midfielder Sulley Alley Muntari has followed in coach Jose Mourinho's footsteps by continuing the mind games ahead of their Champions League battle with Manchester United.

The Nerazzurri travel to Old Trafford on February 24 and the plan is to come away with a good aggregate lead from the two-legged tie. Mourinho has already fired the first warning shots and Muntari is not low on ammunition either.

"We are also very strong and they [United] are scared of us. We are not a team who are easy to beat and we have learned from our mistakes in the first phase. I am sure we will play two great games," Muntari told La Gazzetta Dello Sport.

The former Portsmouth man joined Inter in the summer after their move for Chelsea's Frank Lampard failed. Muntari insists he was prepared to be second choice had the Englishman joined the Nerazzurri.

"When I was in England, Mourinho called me and he told me that Lampard was first choice. I told him I was ready and I went there," added Muntari. "I like everything about Mourinho. He knows how to manage his players and every training session is different.

"He just has to look at you in the dressing room and you are motivated, he doesn't even need to speak to get the message across."

No comments: