Things of Interest

Friday, July 24, 2009

John Obi Mikel Will Be The Playmaker For Chelsea - Carlo Ancelotti


Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti feels that this season could be the campaign where midfielder Jon Obi Mikel steps forward and shows his qualities as a creative midfielder.


“I have a lot of trust in Mikel,” he told The Daily Mail. “I think he can be the playmaker of this team. He is a young player, but has great quality, both technical and tactical.


"For the present and for the future he is a very important player for us. We are very happy he has signed a new contract and I hope that he stays at Chelsea for a lot of years.


“I would like that he puts in his great quality for the team.”


Mikel was clearly pleased by his manager's praise, saying “It is a great honour that he sees something in me. He says I am a player with great qualities, but thinks I can be even better.”


“It is going to take a bit of time, but I am going to work very close with him to make it happen.”


"He likes the fact I am strong and can play with the ball, but says that I still need to add more things to my game — if I do that then he thinks I’m going to be fantastic.”


The Nigerian believes Ancelotti will finally bring a Champions League to Stamford Bridge, saying, “We have come close so many times and I think that is why the club have brought him here, to take us to that final step.”


"The way he has come in and the ideas he has as to how to set the team up, I think we can win everything."

No comments: