Things of Interest

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Eduardo Finally Returns From Injury

Eduardo hit the post on his return to action for Arsenal reserves last night.

The Brazilian-born Croatia striker played 45 minutes in a 2-0 win over Portsmouth reserves at Underhill in his first competitive match since his horrific leg and ankle injuries in February.

He headed one chance over the bar and then saw his shot tipped on to the post by Pompey keeper Asmir Begovic before going off at the break.

Eduardo said: "At the moment I am better and I feel very happy.

"I came off at half time because I felt something in my hamstring but I think it will be all right in two weeks.

"The situation with my injury is very hard for me but I have to forget everything bad in my life."

The Gunners won with goals from Mark Randall and Kieran Gibbs.

No comments: